Friday, June 5, 2009

Brooklyn's First Day of Kindergarten Summer School

What a huge milestone! It was odd setting my alarm so that I could wake up Brooklyn. 7am the alram goes off, I jump out of bed with excitement for the new journey she is starting. I still remember my first day of school. That's part of what makes all of this so weird. It didn't take long for her to pop open her eyes. She was super excited and was suddenly concerned that she was going to miss the bus. Several times I had to reassure her that we had plenty of time for the bus's 8:35am arrival. We were fortunate to have Dustin home so that both of us could walk her to the bus stop. We walked down and a few minutes later, some of the neighbor kids also came to the bus stop. When the bus arrived, we gave her hugs and without trepidation she climbed aboard. I took plenty of pictures and tried not to cry on the walk home. I didn't succeed. At 4:20 she got off of the bus, and we interrigated her about her day. Oddly enough she couldn't remember a whole lot. lol It's already starting! She told us she played with playdoh, rested at nap time, and played at recess. Her favorite part of the day? The bus ride! For years she's been saying, "when I turn 5, I get to ride the bus!"

1 comment:

  1. This is precious...I'm so dreading the day! (Although there will be no bus ride for Hunter, poor guy!)

    ReplyDelete